Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap Finale



So a while ago I posted about a cookie swap I was taking part in. I kept thinking of a good cookie to send that would stay fresh and ship fairly well.  I settled on my my Molasses Ginger Spiced Cookies, since they have molasses in them I figured they would hopefully keep moist. The shipping deadline was December 5 and I would check my front porch every night to see if there was a special delivery!  Christmas is all about cookies so I was very excited to see what my secret fellow swappers had in store for me.  My recipients were Jessica at City in a Jar, Stacy at What the Cupcake and Toni at Kitchen Savvy Mom. I put them in some cute Christmas boxes I picked up at Hobby Lobby.





I received my three different kinds of cookies last week and they were delicious!

The first to arrive were Browned Butter with Cherries and Chocolate. The cookies came in a cute box with a lid and some Spicy Kettle Corn that I forgot to take a picture of.  They came from Nick at Macheesmo.



The second batch were Flour less Peanut Butter Toffee-Pretzel cookies in a red snowman cookie tub. They came from Leann at Tasting While Traveling.





My third and final cookie delivery were Pecan Balls.  They came in a cute tin from Nicole at Sweet Peony.





And now the recipe for my cookies!
Giant Ginger Spiced Molasses Cookies
Servings: 24
Ingredients:
2 ½ C AP Flour
2 ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Salt
1 Tbls Ground Ginger
½ Tsp Ground Allspice
½ Tsp Ground Pepper
½ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 ½ Sticks Butter, Room Temperature
½ C Brown Sugar
½ C Gran. Sugar
6 Tbls Black strap Molasses
1 Egg
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
  2. Cream butter and sugars together. Add the egg, mix well then and molasses and mix well.
  3. Mix in flour mixture until just combined.
  4. Use an ice cream scoop and make 24 balls.
  5. Flatten dough balls in granulated sugar and put 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
  6. Freeze dough balls for 15-20 minutes if they seem to soft. 
  7. Bake  10-15 minutes.

This cookie exchange was soo fun!  The cookies were great and I hope that my recipients enjoyed theirs too :)  


If you are interested in the Great Food Blogger Cookie swap click HERE







2 comments:

  1. Love your packaging! And who doesn't love a giant cookie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and say that your cookies were very yummy, my boyfriend and I devoured them. Thanks so much! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete