Monday, September 26, 2011

Gluten Free Baking with Blueberries!

I experiment once and while with Gluten free baking.  Gluten free baking is hard and frustrating because there are so many different flours and starches. Also each flour and starch adds a different consistency and flavor to your baked goods, so adjustments must be made to almost every recipe.  I guess it is less frustrating to bake gluten free than to have Celiac disease. Constantly reading labels, limiting where you can eat and being careful of even touching gluten, now that is frustrating! 

 My first thing to try of the day was gluten free blueberry scones.  I bought 5 lbs of blueberries at out local Farmer's Market, they were really sweet!
 The scones tasted good, just a little dense.




 Next I made gluten free blueberry muffins. These were really yummy, just used to much baking powder so the tops sunk a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment